Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A New Winner

Recipe, that is! As you know, I will list the recipe as it is and then tell you what I modified.

Italian Chicken and Pasta
12 ounces bonelss, skinless chicken thighs
1 9 oz package frozen Italian Style green beans
1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 small onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 14.5 oz can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 6 oz. can Italian-style tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz. fettuccine, cooked and drained
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese

1. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces; set aside

2. In a 3.5 to 4 qt. slow cooker place green beans, mushrooms and onion. Place chicken on vegetables.

3. In a small bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and garlic. Pour over chicken.

4. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2.5 to 3 hours. Serve over hot cooked fettuccine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

First of all, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I omitted the mushrooms (ICK). I couldn't find Italian-style green beans, so I used regular frozen green beans. Everything else was according to recipe, except I forgot about the Parmesan. Sissy and I are the only 2 who like it anyway.

Super easy and VERY tasty! Thumbs up from the whole family, which says a lot around here.

I'll add it to the recipe page soon.

Until then, remember to send in those Friday secrets: eviltwinswife@gmail.com. Make up an email account or use your regular one. I'll never tell and I don't reply to secrets. Everyone loves the secrets!

9 comments:

  1. sounds yummy... i am so hungry right now... and stuck at work. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I have chicken in my freezer..guess what we will have tomorrow nite??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italian food rocks!!! (almost as much as Indian food)...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm.... you could even have a side of pizza with that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :) I popped over while at work *shh don't tell*. I'll be back by since you mentioned a twisted sense of humor is needed and I feel I have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds good and not terribly difficult. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound good. Chicken comes out so great in the crockpot.

    ReplyDelete