Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Award? For Me?

Last week, Star Child gave me an award!

As is my usual MO, it takes me a while to get around to stuff.


I am now charged with the responsibility of revealing 7 truths about myself, and nominating 7 deserving bloggers for an award.

This is difficult for me, because I think I've shared just about every facet of my boring life with you all!

So, Seven Truths...Here we go:

1. I do color my hair to cover the greys, but the product I use is the closest match to my natural color as I can find. I was born with jet black hair and if I have my way, I'll go out with jet black hair.

2. I am not the most patient person on the Earth, but as I get older I've noticed I have mellowed out a bit (just a little bit, though).

3. I love to read, but since Sissy was born and my responsibilities increased 1000 fold, I haven't had the inclination to sit down with a book. I think that's sad.

4. March was a hard month for me. There were multiple doctor visits and dentist visits (spread out among all of us), which is both emotionally and financially draining for me to think about (I'm in charge of the finances, even though it's the Evil Twin's pay). As I've always said, I possess 3 and 3/4 brains in my one head. I have my own to deal with, then I have Buddy's, and Sissy's and 3/4 of the Evil Twin, since I coordinate and remind everyone of their schedules.

5. When Buddy started school, I was home by myself until Sissy was born when he was half way through his 2nd grade year. Some people might think that would be boring, but I loved it. I'm looking forward to getting Sissy in school, so I can get back to that. At least for a little while (or longer, I hope!).

6. I was born on April 22. I share a birthday with Jack Nicholson, Bettie Page, Earth Day and St. Francis of Assisi (which is also the parish church I attend).

7. I like chocolate okay, but I am powerless in the face of caramel. It should garner a special spot on the food pyramid, as far as I'm concerned. :-)

Normally, I don't like to pick favorites of my bloggers, but I have some new ones I've been reading and would like to point your attention their way:

1. French Shelter - Plus, she has promised to share a recipe to make sperm taste like candy if she gets 50 followers!

2. Gamecock Mama

3. 3 Men & a Lady

4. *Detour

5. You Just Keep on Believing That

6. Adventures of a Reallive Man

7. Zack's Hot Tub

Okay, that was difficult to narrow it down, but I tried to stick with "new to me" blogs I enjoy. I hope you do as well.

Now, let's not forget about Friday Secrets, mmmmkay? Email me at eviltwinswife@gmail.com. Completely confidential and I don't judge. Not my place.

Also, one other thing. If you have a private blog, I don't get those in my reader. I lost all my bookmarks with the big laptop death of March 2010. If you wouldn't mind shooting an URL my way, I can restore my bookmarks and visit you again. Since, I do have a mind like a steel trap, but I can't remember all that info! Thanks!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention :-) I am curious about the sperm-candy recipe, I've got to find out about this.

    Caramel is yummy, I agree. Especially when it's warm and melty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say butterscotch... but we have had that converstation before.

    Thank you very much for the award. you are waaaay too sweet to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats babe!!

    So sperm doesn't taste like candy? I always thought it must do...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm... Caramel... wonder if that secret recipe could make sperm taste like caramel????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Evil Twin's Wife!!!

    Thank you so very much!!

    I am...TOUCHED!!!!!!!!

    AND!!! You are practically
    an Aries (you were 1 day late,
    and, depending on your birth
    time, you are an Aries in some
    parts of the world) MY
    FAVORITE SIGN BESIDES MY OWN:
    LA SWELL SAGITTARIUS!!!

    XUXU
    www.frenchshelter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sperm=candy, huh?? Hmmm...I agree, make it butterscotch/caramel and I am all over it, er, well you know what I mean!

    Thanks for the award, I am honored! But, 7 truths, huh? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how many more 'secrets' you can give us before we know EVERYTHING there is to know about you! LOL!

    Personally, chocolate AND caramel together...I loose all self control. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetie, you should get an award every single day, just for being one of the nicest and most funnest people on the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that you told me you needed my URL. I missed you at my page! Congrats on the award, and may April, our birth month, be kinder to you than March was!

    ReplyDelete
  10. IM borderline Diabetic so I buy sugarless....well, I got Smuckers Sugar-Free caramel ice cream topping. I think it is better than regular...STELLAR ! Mmmmmm, caramel !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done.

    I hope April is a better month for your family. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the mention. Gotta get that recipe. I'm sure a few ladies would appreciate it.

    I guess I gotta now do something huh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, I'm flattered! Thank you so much for the mention!

    I'm taking a few days off my blog to focus on the unborn child, but I'm honored by your mention!

    I'm not sure I'll repost a similar blog, but I am going to sing your well-deserved praises none the less! This is by far one of my favorite blogs, so I have no issues saying it on mine. I should have done so long ago!

    ReplyDelete