Since I really don't have anything for you this rainy morning, I decided to lift the Random Dozen from my sweetie, Dana over at Amid Life's Crises.
1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
I have several pairs of shoes I bought while working in an office environment. I keep them because I never know when I might need shoes for a more formal occasion, so maybe 10 to 15 yrs old? But the oldest things in my closet are the ice skates I bought when I was 8. I figured I'd grow into them (they're a size 8). I'm a size 7, but wear bulky socks on the ice, so they work. They need to be sharpened.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
I do not ever buy GS cookies. It's a principal of mine and maybe one day I will write a full blown post on that. I refuse to support an administration that charges $3.50 for a puny box of cookies and the troop that did all the hard work to sell those crappy cookies gets .40 (cents) per box. The rest is overhead and overpaid executives.
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?
No, I'm not exactly the most co-ordinated person on earth, so lessons would be wasted on me.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
Sort of. I'm the oldest (by 3.5 years)and I've always felt more comfortable with people who are much older than myself. I was a good student, graduated from college, always worked and took care of bills by myself, so yeah, I guess as responsible as most. But, I had a wild side too. (still do!)
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
What's an Oscar? J/K. No, I haven't seen any - might see a few if the Evil Twin has it on the Netflix queue.
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
Doesn't phase me either way. I give myself an injection every day and when I was pregnant with Sissy, I went off my MS med and had to take 2 shots of blood thinner a day, which I also did myself. I like to watch the gore fests on Discover Health.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Every day is the same to me. But, I love Thursdays when Survivor is on, I love that show to distraction!
8. Do you miss anyone right now?
Of course. I miss my mom and dad, my uncle John and really, anyone - friend or family - I don't get to see often enough.
9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
Nope! I love the hospital where my kids were born. The Evil Twin has directives to get me to that hospital, should I need emergency care and for certain other emergencies, there is a 2nd choice. There is one hospital in town where I have told him, "Don't even think about taking me there. They kill people."
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.
Best Buy. I love new electronics and gadgets!
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
Only for a few things: Tide, Cascade, Old El Paso, I buy Cokes for my boys (I don't drink soda), and that's about it. Everything else is generic.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
Looking into someone's eyes when they're telling me how they feel. I get very uncomfortable and shy.
There, now you know a few more things about me! I knew you were dying to have this information, too. LOL.