Thursday, March 4, 2010

Silence

I didn't post anything yesterday in memory of my Uncle who passed away on Saturday, February 27th. We attended his funeral - which was a couple of hours away - yesterday.

He was like a 2nd dad to me and a 2nd grandpa to my children. He and my dad were brothers. Out of all the siblings (10 total), my dad and my uncle looked so much alike, acted alike.... our families have always been very close.

That's why I wasn't around yesterday and am still catching up on reading all of my favorite hooligans. I may not have time to comment, but I will be making a stop at your place SOON. :-)

The funeral was actually very nice and I was happy to see many of my cousins who I honestly don't see often enough and I do miss them.

I was even able to trick a few into admitting they had a Facebook page, so I can be further up in their bidness and stalk them remedy the long periods of us not hearing from each other! Big families are fun. Much more gossip involved.

In other news, PEOPLE! Let's not forget about the Friday Secrets. If you don't send them in then everyone has a rotten Friday and the terrorists win! Get off your duffs, make a fake email addy and send me something fun! eviltwinswife@gmail.com!

It's an early dismissal day at Buddy's school today, so I'll be busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest this morning. What else is new? I'm ready for the weekend! :-)

18 comments:

  1. Sad that we only see family at funerals these days. Sorry for your loss but glad you got a chance to see family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family is doing okay. I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.

    Early dismissal days are sort of a pain, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your family's loss, sounds like your uncle was a pretty fun guy. Keep him alive with your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your Uncle. It's sort of weird how these sort of events turn into mini-family reunions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am off to a funeral today. I will offer up a prayer for your uncle too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that you were able to make the funeral. I know you were worried about that. Still sending your family good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you and your family are doing okay. Loosing someone you love is so hard especially when it's unexpected.

    On the bright side...oh how I LOVE Secret Friday's...come on people share the dirty deeds, it makes my life so much more enjoyable on Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about your uncle, I have a favorite uncle too, just the nicest man who was always so nice to us all when we were little kids.

    Friday secrets, hmmm....

    Good luck in that butt kicking contest, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You live you die. The bit in between is called life. Enjoy" - Grant Naylor (Red Dwarf)

    If he enjoyed enough babe no worries.

    If he didn't, hopefully he'll enjoy whatever comes next.

    Unless its nothing of course - which would really piss me off and, I assume would piss him off too.

    I'm with Ginge mind. I am sorry for your loss but life's a bitch and then you die.

    I truly hope he's in a better place - and saving my seat...

    Friday secrets eh?

    I can't tell you. If I did it wouldn't be a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you were able to make it to the funeral. I've been thinking about you!

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Early dismissal, heh? The county school system misses15 of the past 20 days for bad weather (just a swag on my part), and still keeps an early dismissal?

    If one kid was missing that much school, the county would send out the police (or Truant officer) to check whats going on. But since everyone is missing, I guess its ok.
    ...Al...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is great that you are close like that. I just lost my mom and it was WAY harder than I thought it would be. My thoughts and prayers are headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had a rough time
    lately with loss.

    I am thinking of you,
    and thankful for your
    existence.


    XuXu

    ReplyDelete