Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trying to Keep Up

I am so far behind - with my blog reading/commenting, with life in general. So, if I haven't visited/commented you in a day or two, please forgive me. I will try to get to you soon.

The weather here is crazy. It's been snowing like mad and I'm really surprised we don't have a 2 hour delay here. It will be a miracle if we don't have an early dismissal today (and I originally typed that "dismal"... Freudian slip anyone?).

I've got some big decisions to make this week, which, once they're made and taken care of, I won't have all these worries over my head. Sometimes things just take time.

So, it doesn't make it any easier that I have these decisions and I find it hard to think when my routine is all messed up + the school schedule is very unpredictable these days = one very disorganized and mentally ditzy Evil Twin's Wife.

Well, I'm off to get pinto beans into the crock pot for the day. I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm around....I'm just very, very busy.

Busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest, as I like to say.

As if I don't have enough to do, I figured that since I have some new(er) readers, I would open the floor for questions.

I know I've done this in the past, but I'll give everyone the chance again to ask me anything. I'll answer and it'll be honest. So, if there's anything you'd like to know about me, but I haven't already humiliated myself by announcing it, here's your chance!

Let the questions begin!

Hay pregunatas? Use the comments box. :-)

18 comments:

  1. So, will you have cornbread with your pintos? Save a bowl for me!

    Sorry you're so busy and have so much snow. Luckily for me, we didn't get any last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. I think it's that time of year. Everyone gets just a little crazy by February and all our stresses seem to be magnified. I really think it's sun deprivation.

    We've had a ton of snow in our neck of the woods and quite frankly, I'm just sick of it. A local news station was having a "highest snow bank" contest this morning and people were sending in pictures of the snow banks at the ends of their driveways. Ours is more than 5ft high. I can't wait for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baltimore and Washington are 40 miles apart, and a train leaves Washington at 4:01p.m. traveling at 72 mph. Another train leaves Baltimore at 4:05p.m. going 43 mph. At what time will we be having the corn bread in pintos?

    Seriously. Other than family, who's the person you most admire and why? 5 pages...single spaced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about you this morning as I watched the school delays/closings roll across the screen. I actually posted on that, lol!

    Supper sounds good! What time? Oh poo, I couldn't make it- we're getting more snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beans and white cornbread (not from a box).........my favorite :)

    Uh...as far as 'questions' go...I'd better just be a spectator ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early dismissal here. It's been snowing for an hour or so already. The K class gets to eat lunch at school because of the dismissal, so I'm sure the 6 year old will think she's a bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, it must be going around. My blog has suffered as well, due to sickness and other things. Hope things ease up for you...well except for maybe the snow, hee hee, I don't want it to come my way! They are predicting weather in the 60's for then next several days in Kansas...Hell MUST be freezing over because that never happens this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the weather. It is snowing here today as well. I honestly don't know how much more winter I can take. Not to mention that it -20 with the wind chill today, UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM9jT2eM6KQ

    Thanks, now I'll be singing this all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kenju - yes, there will be cornbread!

    Crazy Mo - any warm up or, hey, how 'bout March, would be welcome around here. LOL.

    JA - Probably around 5 ish for dinner. :-) I'll answer your other question tomorrow AM.

    Carolyn - there'll be plenty. Try to stay warm!

    Efen - I use yellow corn meal (from scratch), but tonight's will be from a box...Sorry.

    Amy - one hour early dismissal here. They just called it.

    Chandra - I lived in Kansas for a few years... that IS ususual!

    Trisha - brrr! At least it's warmer here.

    Karla - good song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how do you fix those beans.....steve wants some....I'll check back for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's a question, since no one else is asking anything...how do you keep your skin so pretty?

    P.S. I have something for you, but I'm holding it hostage until I receive those movies from Evil Twin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll ask one too - what kind of razor do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so tired of these 3 to 5 am school delay phone calls. We had maybe an inch of white stuff last night - bam another 2 hour delay. Can't wait for tomorrow's early morning wake up call.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK I have been pondering the question thing in my spare time.

    Have you ever worked or considered working at a strip club?

    Can you believe that's all I came up with? geeeesh......

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cornbread and pinto beans - Momma's on her way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I don't feel as bad for blogslacking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been really nice here for this time of year. Mild days with good sun and temps in the 50's, they go good with a little ice cream.

    ReplyDelete