Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's Been a Gifty Day!

I had a busy Wednesday, which is not the usual for me, but I had put off my weekly grocery trip because other scheduling conflicts. So, I went yesterday.

The Evil Twin had jury duty (or at least, he was in a pool of potential jurors for a trial). I was sad and I missed him. It's different than his regular job - at least I can call him there to check in once a day and I know roughly what his schedule is... when he'll be home, etc. I try to have dinner ready when he gets home.

He made it to the final 19 of jurors and then was dismissed! He was the first to take the "Walk of Shame" ™ Thank YOU, God! I did not want him on a jury case for weeks on end. He is my rock. I couldn't bear anymore drama with him not being around when I expect him. (truthfully, if I could have him home with me always, I would find that both good and bad).

But, I arrived home on Wednesday to find two packages on my landing.

One was from my super special girl, Ginger Magnolia. She sent this:



The top side is this:



How funny is that? I say: "VERY". Plus, lawsy knows I'm a sinner!

Then, we had two separate shipments from UPS for the kids' birthdays. These gifts are from Buzzardbilly, who does NOT need to spoil my children, but she still does.

Her gift for Sissy:




Both kids are totally stoked about the possibilities.

Here's what Buddy received:



They are both thrilled. Especially Bud - he knows he can help Sissy with her gift and he is beyond excited.

In a few hours, I will take them both to their yearly "well-child" check up.

It was an exciting day around here yesterday!

And, we are extremely blessed to have such good friends in our lives. :-)

24 comments:

  1. Nice to see someone in blogland loves their husband. :)

    Even if it is just for getting off Jury Duty. Lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Natalie, and I'm glad you liked your little novelty item. I bought the Disgusting Science Kit for my boys for Christmas 2007, and they loved it. They did experiments for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - how much fun to receive all those fun gifts in one day!
    Thanks for the reminder - Toots just had a birthday and I forgot to schedule her well check up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for all the gifties arriving at once! Something for everyone (even TET because getting out of jury duty is a gift). So glad the kids loved their gifts.

    You two had bettered get to making some sin so you have a reason to wash your sins away. That chaste stuff is for the birds anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Gifts!! All I get in the mail are bills :*(

    Just make sure they don't make any explosives with those science kits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're gonna love the science kits! Put down plastic...that's all I'm gonna say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna come over and play! That sounds like so much fun!! Gee ... I hope the kids don't blow up the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen that line of stuff - too cute!
    Your kiddos should have tons of fun with those gofts...or should I say YOU will have tons of fun, being a lover of all things gross :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol Sinner you say? I hope Ginger kept a few extra boxes. She knows a lot a sinna's! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like getting soap to wash away sins just before St Valentine's Day. Now you two can go hog crazy and be sure you can clean up afterwards. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...how very nice of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool gifts! I'm still looking for the "Weird Science" kit. ;)
    Congrats to ET for getting out of jury duty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice gifts! I'm sure the kids will have a blast with them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That soap is so funny.
    They have other products too, like the Voodoo soap, Dirty Girl products, Total Bitch soap and the Virgin and Slut sets.
    The Virgin and Slut lip balm set has two containers. The Virgin is called "Not till we marry berry" and the Slut is called "Tart, tasty floozy fruit."

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love coming home to presents on the steps. You are very lucky to feel that way about your husband, I'm half kicking the asshole out the door when he has work or plans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had a very good gift day, didn't you? Those science kits look great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! ET has "good juror karma"! I myself have only been called once, and I had moved across the state so I was excused.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that is some great loot! I need some of that Wash Away Yur Sins! I need the family size, though.

    I'm glad Evil Twin got out of jury duty! That is always a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, those were great gifts! The kids will entertained for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic! Love the "Wash away" - brilliant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY for gifts!

    That is awesome!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am gonna hafta find those science kits for the nephews. You know I would love to do some of those experiments with them! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just want to state for the record how much I respect ET and ETW. Your relationship proves there is happiness in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi, just popped over from Natalies blog- i enjoyed your post.
    lisa xx

    and yes, good husbands and nice friends make the world a better place xx

    ReplyDelete