Friday, March 14, 2008

Finally - Getting to the 5 Things Meme

Rebecca from Carpe You Some Diem tagged me earlier this week with the "5 Things" meme. I'm supposed to list five things about myself and then tag five others.

1. The Evil Twin and I have been together for 16 years (married almost 15) and I still get butterflies in my stomach when I think about him. (Dexter, too, but mine and Dexter's relationship is only just new - LOL).

2. I love Summer because it allows me to wear the fewest clothes possible and still not get arrested.

3. Music makes me really happy but I'm not able to indulge in that much anymore because of my children. Most of the things I listen to are completely inappropriate for anyone under 18 to hear.

4. When it comes to decorating, I'm no Martha Stewart. In fact, I'm unbelievably masculine in my choices. However, I have always wanted a red front door. So far, both houses we've owned have had red doors (after I lean on the Evil Twin for months or years to paint it - I custom ordered two new doors last summer for this house and the exterior door was painted immediately).

5. I learned to swim before the age of 2. My dad would often go out of town on business and my mom and I would accompany him. At one hotel, we were enjoying the pool. When my dad dove in, I dove in after him and a strange man jumped in and grabbed me - screaming - out of the pool. My mom had been reading and when she looked up from her book, the guy said, "She looked too small and I thought she was just monkey see - monkey do after her dad." My mom said, "Throw her back in. She can swim."

Okay, there ya have it. I'm only half awake so it's a boring list. I don't like to work my brain cells too hard first thing in the morning.

I have such an amazing list of blogs I read everyday there on the right, it's hard to pick only five. I'm going to tag: Ron, Tiff, Renn, Carolyn, and Rosemary. That was harder than the list of five things. LOL.

Anyone else who reads and would like to participate, feel free to poach the idea. And let me know if you do... well, I'll be visiting anyway, so I'll see it eventually. Love, the Evil Twin's Wife (aka "The Stalker"). Happy Friday, lovlies!

7 comments:

  1. 5 Things? That I haven't confessed to already? Oh Crap! LOL, I have a red door too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you SURE you want to know?

    Well, all rightie then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you didn't pick me - there aren't five things I haven't already told! LOL

    I love the swimming story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ your mom throwing you back!

    5 whole things huh? I'll get it on mine tomorrow after I finish tweaking the blog (that I broke this afternoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lurve Dexter. Perhaps a little too much XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have this done within a few days!

    It's currently in the 70s here, so I'm heading back outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a red front door, too! Mike talked me out of it last year when he painted the house, but first day off we have that he's not home, Imma do it! I already have the paint.

    ReplyDelete