Sunday, April 20, 2008

#300 - I Need Help

This is blog numero 300 - pretty impressive, eh?

Anyway, I'm losing my mind.

If YOU were a manila folder labeled "Personal Property Taxes", where would you be hiding? Not in the file cabinet, where you should be, but somewhere else in the house....

I can't get my registration re-newed unless I find that folder. Or the county finds me on their computer system. I found the check register where I had written the check for taxes last April, so I know the check number and I know it cleared the bank because of my elaborate "checkbook balancing" system ( a checkmark next to the written check number to let me know it cleared).

I plan on calling the courthouse in the morning and seeing what I can find there. I've paid them - every year, so I KNOW we have to be on record somewhere. Hell, I own two cars - charge me accordingly and let me give you MORE money to register those vehicles. So, you can keep tabs on me and charge me more money next year on things I already FUCKING OWN.

Arrrrgghh. I do not need this right now. I have until May 1st to make it right, though so it's not like I don't have any time to work on it. It's just one more pain in my ass. If I could find the file, I would be home free.... where are you file? I can picture the stupid thing in my head and I know it hasn't been outside of the house or gone in the trash.

I'm off to dig thru more piles of paperwork to try to discover my missing file.

4 comments:

  1. You know it's always in the last place you look so just imagine where the last place you would look is and look there first... but then it wouldn't be the last place anymore. Hmmm..... Crap! Congrats on 300 posts at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a personal property tax look-up on the sheriff's website. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner or I would've called you about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as lost files go...if you use "tri-cut" files, invariably one which is cut the same as another, may be lurking right behind and you just overlook it. This has happened to me. Rots of ruck!!

    ReplyDelete