Monday, December 24, 2007

Anyone Santa Watching?

I swear, I am so excited this year...and I'm not even getting anything. I think it's just going to be so fun in the morning with both kids, even though Sissy is really still just a tad young to "get" the whole thing.

We've had a pretty laid back day today. I did do a couple loads of laundry and picked up around the house a bit. This morning, I decided to run to McDs and get a couple of the McSkillet burrito things. I had a coupon for BOGO free, which is a good thing, because those suckers are $2.50 each! I got each of the kids a hash brown, because that's about all they'll eat from there off the breakfast menu.

Both the Evil Twin and I were less than wowed by the McSkillet. It's nowhere near as big as it appears on the commercial - but really, what fast food ever is? This excellent site really gets behind the comparisons: Ads vs Reality.

So, okay, the McSkillet is a bit on the small side, not as small as the Breakfast Burrito though. You might think the potato pieces would be a good idea and tasty, but that's clearly not the case. They become a bit smashy. And, the Evil Twin brought up the fact that for some reason, all restaurants feel like everyone must want a southwest flavor with their eggs (like green peppers, etc.). Some of us just want eggs and sausage, maybe a little cheese.

On the plus side, it did not give me explosive diarrhea, so that's something to cheer about!

It's back to the Sausage McMuffin (no egg) for me.

Merry Christmas, to all my good blog friends. I enjoy your comments and your blogs. I've learned so much since I started blogging myself and I am extra blessed to have stumbled across the best blogs on the web. Hope Santa is good to you, each and everyone!!! Love ya, Evil Twin's Wife

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! And may your next McSkillet-thingee be bigger than expected! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a social theory called the McDonaldization of Society. We think it is easier and cheaper to do fast food, but it really is not.

    Whatever..when I was pregnant, I had a Sausage, Egg and Cheese McMuffin every day. YUM!!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the biscuits, not McMuffins. Infinitely better.
    Merry Christmas, Evil Twin's better half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said explosive diarrhea, and I'm the first one to say anything about it.

    Wow.

    And happy Boxing Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to have similar problems with McD's food.

    The only thing I can eat off the breakfast menu is the Pancake Sandwich, whatever THAT is called.

    I obviously don't eat there very often.

    I hope you had a GREAT Christmas!

    ReplyDelete