Over at my friend Kat's place, she participated in a fun internet meme.
It's actually called “Brought to you by the letter…” game. Here’s how it works…
You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on. (I copied that from her and she copied off someone else, so... feel free to rip it off again).
So, I left a comment and tried to butter her up a bit. I didn't want a really obscure letter like the much maligned Q (poor Q). Really, about the only place Q gets any respect is in the game of Scrabble. It's worth a ton of points!
Kat assigned me "W". I like W.
Here's my list (probably won't be many surprises on here as to what I love that begin with W):
1. Water. This one is a no-brainer folks! The way I feel about water exceeds love and is probably more in the category of obsession. But, the water has not hit me with a restraining order, so I will continue to enjoy it.
2. Wine. Shocked, yet? I didn't think so. I prefer Chardonnay. In a box. In my fridge.
3. Wieners. Now, this is a two parter.
A. The kind possessed by the Evil Twin.
B. The kind served on hot dog buns.
4. Waters, John. He is my very most favorite director in the world. His style is not for everyone, but I love his irreverent manner.
5. Walt Disney World. Many of you know I've been planning a trip to visit the mouse since April of 2008. Our trip is booked for early May 2009. To say that I'm a teeny bit obsessed with this would be a major understatement. I have at least 7 different guide books and belong to several online sites where I've been gathering intel and making plans. Mwah ha ha.
6. Wire. The British band. Technically, the Evil Twin loves them more than I do, but as I always strive to bring a little entertainment to y'all:
7. Watches. I never leave home without a watch on. I like to know what time it is ALL the time! My anal retentive nature won't allow me to be late to functions.
8. Wireless Internet. This is the greatest invention, EVER! It means I can sit here at my laptop and tap out my little missives and still be able to watch the football game and ign... I mean, keep an eye on my kids.
9. West Virginia. It took me a few years for WV to grow on me, but I've been here 25 years. I still consider myself an import, but I allow that WV has some strengths. It's a beautiful area, the cost of living is low, crime is low, and it's a good place to raise children.
10. Winning! Who doesn't like to win things? It's exciting. I was lucky enough to win a few give aways towards the end of 2008, the Evil Twin won something from a site he likes to read and I even hosted a give away myself! Spread the love, ya know?
BONUS: Wife. I love being married to the Evil Twin. We've been together 17 years, married for 15 and he still makes me feel butterflies in my stomach (sometimes, other times, it's just bile). He's an awesome dad and partner and he works hard so I can stay home and raise our kids. Can I get a collective "Awwwww"? Thanks!
So, if you want to leave a comment, but not play along, just say so. I don't like making people feel obligated.Plus, I'm a comment whore (there's that classy W again!) Otherwise, I'll have to assign you a letter - and that's a lot of work on my part. Y'all know I'm lazy.