But, I think they went away. I was too busy playing a Trivia Quiz game on WordNerd's blog. I always do fairly well with getting correct answers, but my times are way slow. I'm a fast reader, but a contemplative thinker - I don't want to be rash and give the wrong answer, now, do I?
Another "hot topic" going around the blogs these days is to list 6 weird facts about yourself, and then I am supposed to "tag" six other bloggers to do the same. Well, I don't really know six others and frankly, I'm not sure I have even six readers. Nevermind that, I'll post my six anyway. I probably have more than six, but let's see what I can come up with:
1. I am just a touch of OCD about my laundry. You see, as the hausfrau, I am responsible for all chores and I try to maintain a moderate amount of caring for all of them, but it seems easier to focus on just laundry. I do a lot of it. First off - hanging clothes. All clothing that is hung is all hung in the same fashion. Shirt fronts always face left, and are grouped with their other buddy shirts. Pants are hung with the end of the leg facing left and the waist band part on the right with the button/zipper closest to the wall. Again, like things hang next to like things. The Evil Twin's dress pants do not intermingle with his jeans. They have their own section. Folded clothes - all shirts are folded into neat rectangles and all undies are folded into squares. Towels and bath cloths are folded to match all the way down the stack and get this - I can fold a fitted sheet so that it is virtually impossible to tell it from a flat sheet. There are no wadded up fitted sheets in my household.
2. I drink loads of water every day. It's about the only thing I do drink, besides perhaps a half cup of coffee in the morning. I don't leave my house without a full bottle of water. Oh, I like wine too, so we can add that to the list: water, wine, minute amounts of coffee and every now and then, I will just go all out and drink a soda (preferably a generic Sprite). I guess I could put milk on the list, but I don't technically "drink" it, but I do like cereal.
3. I make the Evil Twin's lunch (lovingly) almost every day. One item he likes to have in his "lonely teeenage lunch" (what we jokingly call it) is an apple. Ever since I was a little girl, I twist apple stems and as I twist, I say the alphabet. The old wives tale down South was that whatever letter the stem came off on, was the first initial of your future husband's name. The ET name starts with a B and I don't think I've ever gotten a stem out in two twists. I do it every.single.time.
4. I'm obsessed with my eyebrows. If I feel even as much as one solitary eyebrow popping up where it shouldn't be, I am off to get my Tweezerman tweezers. I have them waxed a couple of times a year, just to get them in optimum shape and then tweeze with a passion the rest of the time. I tweeze every day after my shower. There will be no renegade eyebrows on my watch.
5. I do not wear red. Especially red tops. I am tall and thin with black hair and it screams "Olive Oyl" when I wear red. I do like plums and maroons, even purple, but NO red! (although I did order this top from Victoria's Secret - online it looked like a dark brownish red, but when it came, it was red. It showcases my "assets", so I do wear that one sometimes. Plus, it's short sleeved and we all know Olive Oyl never wore short sleeves, nor did she have a chest to speak of. I think she was robbed by the boobie fairy).
6. I graduated from a university with a Bachelor's Degree and I was able to do it without taking one math class. In scouring the curriculum booklet, I learned that students in the college of liberal arts (cough! says the only conservative graduate in Journalism) could substitute Philosophy 304, Statistical and Analytical Thinking for their math requirement. This was the whole, "If Tom is taller than Harry and Harry is taller than Bob, then Tom is taller than Bob - valid or invalid argument?" I made a B, good enough, and graduated a year or two later!
And now, with my high falutin' college education, I am your humble hausfrau. :-) Using my expensive education to raise my two kids. Hey, I make an awesome snowflake using a coffee filter. My clover chains are impressive, too.