Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A Crappy Day

Ugh! I don't know WHAT the scoop is, but our water pressure is pathetic today. My hair feels super gross because I couldn't even get all the conditioner out. Yuckity, yuck, yuck. I heard thru the grapevine that there's a busted water main somewhere here in St. Albans. I guess I'll call and find out for sure though. I can't take weak water pressure that, while standing in the shower, it feels as though someone is just spitting on me.

I mean, we've lived in this house for almost three years now and I finally got the Evil Twin to adjust the water heater temperature. For nearly three years, I never touched the cold water tap at all. It was lukewarm at best even with no cold added. I brought up the folder containing information on the water heater, so that the Evil Twin could look at the diagram and adjust it. That sat around for several months before I forced him to look at it. You see, the people we bought the house from were considerate enough to leave all the files on all the household things. They were an older couple and I figured that they had the thermostat set on the lowest setting. You know, more energy efficient and costs less -- all that jazz.

Well, I couldn't give a rip. I wanted hot water. When ET went to look at it, sure enough, it was on the lowest setting. He turned it up one little notch and now, we have to use the cold water too. It made that much of a difference.

Why I didn't do it myself is a mystery. I suppose I think that stuff is "husband" work. Like changing light bulbs and taking out the trash. Thank goodness I have him, otherwise that stuff would never get done. In my opinion, I shouldn't even have to pump my own gas in the van, but alas, sometimes I have to if I'm running low in the middle of the week. I must say he does open all doors for me and allows me to enter areas first.

I knew last night that school would be cancelled today, so I drank a little too much vino. Now, I feel like shit. And, it's 1 pm already. Ugh. I suppose I should go try to choke down some alka seltzer. That usually helps. Later, taters!

1 comment:

  1. I love Alka Seltzer. It's good with a shot of Seagram's Seven.

    ReplyDelete