Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Have Journal, Will Travel

I picked up my "The Purpose Driven Life" Journal this afternoon. By that time, it was time to pick up Buddy from school and let's just say my afternoons are just as hectic as my mornings, so I didn't have a chance to read the first entry until 10 mintues before American Idol (my shameful, not-so-secret, secret) came on.

In the mornings, I hit the ground running - breakfasts need to be made, lunches need to be made. I need to double check Buddy's backpack and try to mentally run down my checklist on what he needs for the day. Then, I might get a brief break before Sissy wakes up and needs changed, fed and clothed for the day.

But, my game plan is to read my entry while Sissy takes her morning nap and then work on my journal. Tonight didn't go so well, since I got my journal mid-day.

I was able to motivate myself to make it to the 8:15 Ash Wednesday Mass. Of course, my daughter acted like she was a minion of Satan, so that was rather embarrassing. I got communion and my ashes and felt much better.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment to see my neurologist. It's a general check up. I see her twice a year. It's kind of a pain because it's downtown and I have to drag Sissy along and parking sucks. But, the good news is that in 6 years, my disease has not progressed or changed. Which reminds me I haven't done my injectible this evening --- too busy with the TV and trying to either entertain or bore the 4 people who actually bother to stop by.

One more thing I wanted to mention is that I have decided to give up snacking for Lent as well. It's not that I snack much either. I'm nearly 5 foot 9 and weigh 120lbs, but I crave finding snacks on a regular basis, so I will go pace the kitchen and eat whatever looks semi-appealling. Then, I realize that wasn't the snack I wanted, so I'm back trolling for a more suitable snack. Sometimes, I find nothing appealling and just walk away. So, no little nibbles between meals!

A certain hypodermic needle is awaiting my attention. And, I'm late....

No comments:

Post a Comment