Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday: The Best and Worst Day of the Week (discuss)

When the Evil Twin came to wake me up this morning, I could hear his footsteps in the hall. It was overcast outside, so it seemed darker than usual. I thought he was coming to bed, like it was around midnight or so (we're all night owls around here). When he said, "Honey, it's time to get up." I was sure he was joking. Nope.

I wiggled my tired ass out of bed and woke up Buddy for breakfast. Why do some schools have to start so early?? I guess in Buddy's case, it's okay because the Evil Twin has to pass his school on the way to work, so it helps TET get to work on time. Because we are night owls, we are also procrastinators in the morning. The Evil Twin may be 10 years older than me, but he can out-night owl me on nearly every evening.

Sissy's school starts about an hour later than Buds, but is a different direction, so I take her in the morning. It was tough getting started today.

But, I arrived back home before 9A and have been easing into my day since. I enjoy the quiet that Monday brings. Sure, I have to hit up the Mart in a bit, but it's better to get it out of the way early in the week and not have to worry about it later.

Sissy has her first dance class of the Fall session tomorrow night and I have not had much luck finding her jazz shoes. I know she'll be excited to get back to her dance class - she had so much fun over the summer.

On that note, I bid you farewell, hooligans. Have a happy Monday!

Love,


8 comments:

  1. Mondays are rough around here. No one wants to get up but I love them. I love the weekend but I love my routine too. I love the routine that Monday brings with school and early bed times and all. Then Saturday rolls around and I'm ready for the freedom.

    I can't wait for Sarah to take dance classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ETW, I keep getting the following message when I access your blog:

    "eviltwinswife.blogspto.com contains content from thewsvr.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else."

    Is anyone else getting this message?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. - Sissy's summer recital, with all the different age classes had me laughing until I cried. The really small kids are a hoot.

    Ron - We can't all be Monday people. I'm not even a morning person.

    MC - I don't get that msg. I have run scans for my hard drive over and over. Are you using IE or Firefox?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no message here.

    I fell da pain on getting to school. Mornings are HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start my day at 540a.
    It sucks!
    What's worse my princess has to be woken up on school days but the weekends she is up at 540a??

    ReplyDelete
  6. this past monday was both good and bad for me. good because work was cancelled due to the hurricane, but bad because its now day 3 and still NO POWER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not getting the message today. I sue Google Chrome. Weird. I ran a scan and everything came up fine so no worries!

    ReplyDelete