Sunday, October 14, 2007

Thumb Sucking and Toe Flossing

Sounds kinda kinky, doesn't it? Well, it's not. It's what Sissy does when she's trying to get to sleep. I was only able to nurse her for about 4 and a half months before my neurologist wanted me back on my medication. It's not known if the med is excreted in breast milk, so as much as I hated it, and she hated it too, I had to take her off the titty.

She then began sucking her thumb. Buddy never did that or take a pacifier, but then again, neither did I, so maybe he is just more like me. So, anyway, when Sissy gets tired, she grabs her cloth (the fancy style burp rags) and rubs it on her head and ear, then pops her thumb in her mouth.

At nap times and bedtime, she lets us take her shoes off. This is my little Imelda Marcos, cause that girl love shoes. She lays there with her fat little Flintstone feet, thumb already working away, then she starts "flossing" between her big toe and second toe with that burp cloth. She'll do it over and over and over. It's the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Buddy liked to suck on the burp cloths.

He'd suck the corners and after a while, they began to fray and look really ratty. We called them the "Tatty rags." He'd call them that too and if we forgot to give him one before bed, he would cry softly, "Tatty rag, tatty raaaaag."

So, one sucked on a tatty rag, the other one toe flosses with the rag. I definitley know they're mine. They're weird as hell.

2 comments:

  1. Tatty raaaaaag! I do believe I have a new weird thing to shout out at random intervals. Wheee!!!

    ReplyDelete