Friday, October 26, 2007

Did My Song Drive You Crazy?

I love that little clip from YouTube. I hear it on Noggin about, oooohhh, 4 bazillion times per day. Every time it comes on, Sissy and I have to freeze whatever we're doing to give our full attention to the song and video.

Anyway, seeing the candy corn in the award from Rosemary made me think of that song, because, well, I hear it 4 bazillion times a day (I think I mentioned that). I have that little ditty just SEARED into my brain. There are several other "catchy" songs on Noggin that I find myself singing at odd times. Like, trying to get to sleep, I'll be humming the tune to "Max and Ruby" or "Wow Wow Wubbzy". No wonder I feel like I've gone round the twist lately.

I wrapped up another stressful afternoon at Buddy's school. Today was the Halloween Parade and party. It's the same thing every year- just a different grade - but, school lets out at 11:30. So you pick up your child(ren) then and then presumably get lunch and get the child(ren) changed into their Halloween costumes, then have to be back at the school by 1pm for the Parade. We only live about 2 miles from the school, so we don't normally have issues - except Buddy likes to dillydally. And, as the homeroom mom helper, I had told her I'd be there before 1 to get the punch started (we did the Sprite and Orange Shebert, so the stuff has to melt a bit).

The kids went out to do the parade - they walk around the block - and when they're back in their classrooms, snacks are ready. Our moms went all out on treats this time. The homeroom mom made "Boogers on a Stick", which were large rod pretzels dipped in green tinted velveeta, and "Your Sisters Fingers", which were mozzarella string cheese drizzled with red food coloring. She also did a dessert called, "Kitty Litter", which was partially melted Tootsie Rolls with white cookie crumbs rolled onto them. Hilarious! I had some kitty litter which was quite good, but couldn't bring myself to Boogers on a Stick. There were some other gruesome looking and named treats. It was fun, but it's always a lot of work. The kids are antsy because they can smell a holiday from a mile away.

I also had to bring Sissy along. She was doing okay until we started to clean up. I saw her reach in the trash can and eat a piece of candy someone had discarded. I hope it was on a plate! LOL. I think she enjoyed being with all the big kids. They always like to play with her, so she gets plenty of attention.

Now, it's time for me to reeeee-laaaaxxx. Have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. The titles of your snack foods at the school made me gag a little....LOL

    ReplyDelete