Tuesday, March 6, 2007


Wow! It is sooo sunny here today - but it's only around 30 degrees. Still, seeing the sun is making me happy.

I just took this picture from our front porch. We have a great view from here. The city does a fireworks display on the Fourth of July down at the river. We just sit in our front yard and watch it.

I woke up feeling kinda gloomy. Today is my mom's birthday - it would have been her 67th. She's been gone a year and a half now and I'm still not sure I can believe it. That sounds weird, doesn't it? I mean, I still want to pick up the phone and call her for everything or nothing. We talked several times a day, usually.

Of course, I miss my dad too. He and I had a good loving relationship, but it's really nothing like the mom relationship.

Anyway, seeing the blue sky, reading Bad News Hughes' blog, and kissing on Sissy have upgraded my day 100%. Plus, she's taking an extra long nap this morning, so I can putter around, do nothing and play on my laptop a bit. (she likes to try to come over and bang on the keys). I should be cleaning my kitchen, but I'm taking today "off" too. In honor of mom and all that. She was an immaculate housekeeper, so she's probably looking down right now and thinking, "Honey, your kitchen is a MESS!" LOL.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm right there with you. The 4th anniversary of my mom's death is coming up, and some days are really harder than others. I'm sure she is looking down on you and smiling at the mom you've become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really envy the view you folks have from your porch.

    "Honey, your kitchen is a MESS!" made me laugh out loud. My buddy here as work just gave me a stupid look like he usually does when I browsing the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your continued loss, but maybe she's giving you a little peek of sunshine just to say hello.

    ReplyDelete