Thursday, March 22, 2007

Feedback from Corporate

On his way out the door to work this morning, the Evil Twin commented, "Your blogs are getting shorter and shorter." I think I just shrugged. I was thinking, "What's the point, nobody reads it anyway." I'm not sure if I said that out loud or not. I'm not much of a morning person and usually walk around in a fog until I take my shower.

This one will be as long as it needs to be. I'm revealing a little secret about me. While I love sleeping with the Evil Twin (get yer mind outta the gutter, although both meanings are good), I'm talking about just having him there in bed, I also love hogging the whole bed in the mornings after he gets up.

Luckily, he doesn't have to travel much for work because when he's not in bed while I'm trying to get to sleep, it can be very difficult. He outweighs me by a good 110 lbs and I like feeling that weight on that side of the bed. We've lived together for 15 years and have been married for almost 14 of those, so I've become very spoiled to having him around to snuggle up to or just knowing that he's there, it's very comforting.

However, he gets up at 6:00 am and then wakes me up around 6:40, so I get 40 whole minutes of bed hogging. It's heavenly. I gravitate towards his warm side and put my face on his pillow. I throw my legs out all over our queen size bed and streeeetch.

When my parents took me out of my crib at the age of 2, they put me in a full size bed, so I learned to enjoy all that room to myself. I eventually graduated to a queen size in college and when the Evil Twin and I bought a new mattress and box springs, we opted for a queen also - mainly because I had all the bedding for that size. And, I'm a sheet snob. I may be cheap and frugal in all other areas of my life, but I will NOT skimp on bedding. I buy the best quality I can afford when I'm in the market for sheets. I do not like sheets that get little balled up pills all over them the first time they're washed. YUCK!

Anyway, the Evil Twin and I are currently still in flannel sheet season and there is nothing like those fuzzy warm flannel sheets all to myself for 40 minutes. I get a little bent out of shape if I don't get my solo snooze in.

It's warmed up considerably around here, which means we'll transition to cotton sheet season soon. I've got some awesome egyptian Martex sheets waiting in the linen closet for their debut!

I still have a few Thursday evening chores left so I will leave you, my three readers, with this. (ET - long enough for ya?).

5 comments:

  1. Where do you purchase the sheets? Is there a specific thread count that you prefer?

    I am kind of new to the idea of 'great sheets' vs. cheapo, and am interested in average price to expect, etc. We purchased a set of 400 count Egyptian cotton last week, and I love them. However, I am not sure of the brand - or if this is the 'best'. I know that (thanks to tax returns!) it was something we could afford.

    There. Another post solved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renn, the higher the thread count, the better sheets. I've found Kohl's to be a great source of high thread count, lower cost sheets. I think the last set of the Martex I bought from them (queen size) was on sale for around $60. Of course, with sheets, the sky is the limit. 400 thread count is GREAT. I know you will love them for many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The loving wife tried flannel sheets for one day, I was swimming in sweat on my side of the bed.

    She spent the winter under a sheet, blanket and her grandmother's quilt. I sometimes used the sheet. I've been running the ceiling fan for two weeks now.

    I'm one hot guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind sharing the bed as long as everyone keeps to their own corners. I don't like to cuddle or touch or be too near anyone else. I'm a very fussy sleeper, and no picnic myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a set of 400 count sheets at Sam's 2 weeks ago, and my cleaning women asked about them after they put them on the bed, because they recognized that the texture was better than usual. They are wonderful, and I hate to take them off to wash them. Oprah sleeps on 1000 count sheets. I cannot see how they can be that much better than my new 400 count!

    ReplyDelete