Monday, March 5, 2007

Mundane Monday

I typically consider Monday to be "my day off". It's not actually a day off, but I do as little as humanly possible on Mondays - up to and including getting back in bed when I put the baby down for her early nap. It's my way of winding down from the weekend and getting a little quiet time. Don't get me wrong, I love having the Evil Twin home and the whole family together, but I also treasure solitude.

I don't have to pick up Buddy at school until 2:40, so I can slack a bit and get a later shower. My normal day would include a shower no later than 9:30 am. I don't care that I stay home all day - I still shower, style my hair and wear make up every day. Just in case. I wasn't showered and ready today until almost noon.

I am a night owl and on weekends, that becomes more pronounced, so it's difficult for me to shift gears on Sunday nights and follow my routine. However, it insures that I am dead tired on Mondays, so my night owl tendencies are curbed somewhat.

By mid day, I started getting edgy again. I hate this. I don't know what brings it on, but it's getting old. Tomorrow would have been my mom's 67th birthday. Maybe that's getting to me?

I truly think it's more that I am so eager for Spring this year. I am really looking forward to having some decent temperatures where Sissy and I can get out without bundling up in coats, etc. Last summer, I bought a really nice wooden swing set and this year, we bought one of those toddler swings for it. Sissy is 13 months old now and starting to walk. She's still working on her sea legs.

I guess I still have wordnerd's trivia game to look forward to this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment