Thursday, March 29, 2007

Changes

Today was one of the Evil Twin's co-workers last day at work. He'll start a new job on Monday. He's not just a co-worker, but he's a friend, too, so ET is extra bummed that Downfall (Random Intelligence over there on the right) is moving on.

And it is sad, but it's not like we won't see him ever again. There was a "get together" at the local Chinese restaurant today for him. I went with the baby and joined them. There were lots of people there! We had a good time. The Evil Twin has been working for the same place for 15 years, so I feel like I know most of his co-workers as well as he does. I stop in every now and then with one or both kids in tow and chat with them all.

His office has always been so nice to us. They threw baby showers for us for both kids and have been really accommodating for family matters. I think sometimes the Evil Twin would like to do something different, but he can retire in 9 years if he sticks with this job and for the most part, his co-workers are fun people.

On a completely unrelated note, and because I have to brag, Buddy brought home his report card today. Straight As - again. Yay! Of course, he's only in third grade, but at least we know he's applying himself and trying.

I've got to get Sissy in the bath. Survivor, one of my three Must See shows is on at 8 and I'm not going to miss a minute of it! LOL.

1 comment: