Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Eating Bon-Bons

I'm not certain where the housewife, lazing about, eating bon-bons mentality came from really. I'm sure there are ladies who have nannies and chefs and chauffeurs and maids and the list goes on and on. 

The reality is that the majority of us stay at home moms are ALL of those above and more. I know I'm lucky to get something to eat that isn't leftover on one of the kids' plates, so I certainly don't have time for lounging with chocolates. 

Don't get me wrong...I DO have down time, just not much of it and not in one big lump sum. I might have five minutes here, 15 minutes there, so it's catch as catch can. 

It's okay. I'm used to it. Along with all my written lists I mentioned earlier, I have the on-going mental list that plays in my head. That's for all the little details, too small and insignificant to write on a list, but still need doing anyway - things like "replace toilet paper in upstairs bathrooms" or "gather up coupons and put in one folder" or "print out reminders for X, Y or Z". 

These thoughts are often interrupted by other thoughts: "The dog is awfully quiet. Wonder what she's into?" (followed by me getting up to discover what the dog is into and losing all other thought patterns). Or, "Remember, today is Tuesday." (or whatever day it is). And there's always "Don't forget to put on lipstick before you go out!" That's an important one. Priorities people. I have to have priorities!! 

And all this long winded bullcrap is to say I have a busy day today. And, it started at about 5 this morning, but will really start hopping after I get the Evil Twin fed for breakfast and get out the door for a myriad of errands. I have phone calls to make, too, so we'll see how it all fits together today. There may be some spill over for tomorrow. Can't be helped, really. 

There's only so many hours in a day and I have to sleep at some point. I also have several books in various amounts of "read" material on my Kindle. I save those for when I'm waiting to pick Sissy up from school. I like to get there a little early, so I can nab a decent parking spot. I may have to wait 20 - 25 minutes until the afternoon bell rings, but at least I have a good spot and I can read to occupy myself. It's all good. 

Well, hooligans...I'm off to get my Tuesday ramped up. I hope y'all have a great one! 

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment