Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Pharmacy

Need I say more? Why, yes. Yes, I do.

I had to stop by our friendly neighborhood Kroger to pick up two prescriptions I needed.

I stood at the sign indicating where patrons should wait until the party in front of you is finished with their transaction.

Finally, it was my turn.

As I approached the counter, so did a guy who might have died in 1974 and no one informed him yet. That, or he was due to be reincarnated as a parrot because that's how close he was to perching on my shoulder.

I kept giving the clerk the hairy eyeball and then moving my eyes to the right (where Mr. No Clue stood breathing down my neck).

She really wasn't getting the hint, so I raised my voice and said, "Boy, howdy! I'm glad my medicine came in. Now, maybe I won't have another occurrence of my herpes."

At that point, she seemed to "get it" and asked the dude to step back a bit.

The most absurd thing is that he only had a refill to drop off - which is a window around the corner from the pick up area.

There are TWO signs posted about patient privacy. One is about 4 feet from the counter. The other is directly ON the counter in front of the register.

Oh well, I got rid of my little shadow and all was right with the world. Until next time.....

Happy hump day, hooligans.

Love,

6 comments:

  1. love those "over the shoulder" people. I usually stare them down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look them straight in the eye and tell them in my most polite voice to "Back the Fuck up! NOW!" and if they don't a swift kick to the crotch is sure to follow....

    Hey...I didn't spend all those years in charm school for nothin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have personal space issues. THis would have made me nuts. Like the people in the grocery line that get right on top of you while you are trying to pay. My eye would have started twitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My uncontrollable flatulence generally keeps the general public well away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate it when people get so close to me I can tell they're breathing MY air.

    The herpes line made me crack up. You funny.

    ReplyDelete