Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Again? Really?

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend who I've known since Buddy was in preschool. Her boys went to the same school. Unfortunately, she is battling breast cancer and has already had a mastectomy and is on her 2nd round of chemo, but she is the most gracious, vibrant sick person I've ever known. If you want to shout out a prayer or good thought for AW, I think that would be awesome!

Anyway, after our terrific lunch, I had to head up to the Mart for some groceries and a prescription. So, I tool around to the pharmacy first thing (if I don't, I will forget and check out without it). So, we all know how this usually goes for me.

I'm standing at the sign that says I'm next. Patiently waiting for a clerk to come to the front and assist me. I'm next, right? Hohoho.

No. This woman walks up on my left(outside the queue area), and asks, "Are you waiting on your prescription?" I said, "Yes." and she proceeds to pull her cart right up to the counter IN FRONT OF ME. I'm thinking "Holy shit! I think the Universe wants to drive me mad."

Still, I stood quietly and let Granny Clueless get her angina medicine or whatever. Maybe she was in a real hurry for her asshole cream, because it was itching real bad. I don't know....

I must have a sign on my forehead that says, "Doormat".

So, if you need a prescription real quick, wait 'til I'm in line. It's your lucky day!

Love,

5 comments:

  1. LOL... some days it really does seem like everyone is out to screw ya doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, not again! People really are assholes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. clueless old people are absolutely infuriating. You're far more graceful than I would ever be in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the old gal misunderstood the situation. Perhaps she thought you were waiting for the pharmacy tech to go to Walgreens or CVS to pick up your prescription, stop by Luby's for the earlybird dinner special, and pick up some dry cleaning on the way back. No sense in waiting behind you for all that when her asshole cream is something they keep right at the register.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only exception for line cutters involves vomiting children or body parts falling off.

    In either case, I'm certain they'd be better off at the ER.

    I have no idea how you were able to hold your tongue. After battling the Rude People on Hover Rounds, Complimentary Screaming Children and Barefoot Rednecks Behaving...well, like Barefoot Rednecks, there's no way I'd cotton to a line cutter.

    Of course, I'd have probably responded to the lady with "Yes, ma'am. The line forms BEHIND ME." She wasn't oblivious. She was expecting you to give her a break because she witnessed the birth of Moses.

    [This stuff really ups my Irish. Can you tell?]

    ReplyDelete