Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life: She is Complicated, My Friend

Why is it that life can never be just "it is what it is" all the time. It seems like I have the most unpredictable things pop up. And, I love the predictable.

This year has been very difficult for me. I haven't had to shuttle a child to school in the morning for over 3 years. Now, I have to take Sissy in, because her school starts an hour later than Buddy's school. The Evil Twin drops him off and then continues to drive to his office.

So, I valiantly face and fight the morning cluster of the DOZ (the "drop off zone"). It's a madhouse.

Yesterday, we were all off for the "special election" for Governor, and then today, we're right back in the thick of things with the madhouse adventures.

I received a call from my sister-in-law this morning (she's married to the Evil Twin's younger brother) to let me know that our mother-in-law is in the hospital. My SIL didn't have many details, but I could narrow down the most likely hospitals to just 2. My second call (hospital #2) was the one.

The initial thought is that she has diverticulitis and may need colon surgery. Apparently, she has been there since Monday. Check it out: this is WEDNESDAY. The only reason my SIL and her husband found out was because my SIL had sent her an email and hadn't had a reply.

Do you think that MILs husband could have called any of us? I stay home, my SIL is at home and the Evil Twin's sister is also at home. There is no excuse for not trying to contact even one of the three siblings. Smooth move, Ex-Lax. We won't forget this.

I have to go and plan out the rest of my day. I hope all my hooligans have a happy Hump Day!

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are hectic around there. I hope the rest of your day is better and productive.

    I'm personally hoping for a freak snow storm so I can just stay home and hibernate. So. Tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like my dad, who wouldn't let my mom call me when my aunt died. His reason was that "she can't come to the funeral anyway, so what does it matter?"

    Sheeeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah - the dreaded drop-off crawl. Hates it.

    The no-phone-call thing puzzles me. Seriously? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete