Thursday, October 13, 2011

Missing: My Motivation. Have You Seen It?

I don't know when I saw it last or even the location where it might have gone missing.

It seems like everything and nothing are going on at the same time. Know what I mean?

I just need to find my balance in life again. And, I'm working on it. I tend to be a bit on the borderline anemic. It's been that way as long as I can remember. With both pregnancies, I was told to take iron supplements. With Buddy, I bought the supplements and he was born the next day, so I didn't even get a chance to get started on that.

With Sissy, I took a prenatal vitamin, an iron supplement, folic acid supplement (I can't even remember how much, but it was several times the average need..."Advanced Maternal Age" and all that good stuff, ya know.), progesterone, 2 injections a day of a blood thinner and a baby aspirin.

While I do not enjoy being a walking pharmacy, I did whatever I could to get her to full term. [For those of you not aware, Buddy was born at 28 weeks - 2lbs, 5oz - due to a semi-rare blood clotting disorder that was not diagnosed until after his birth]. Besides being a snotty sullen teenager - normal - he did not suffer any long term ill effects of his early arrival.

Maybe I need to get back on those iron pills. Who knows? I have a doctor's appointment next week, so perhaps I will find out more. There will be blood work involved and a gallbladder and liver ultrasound. Good times. Good times.

I really don't care what they do or what I have to do. Getting a bit of energy back would be really nice! Dontcha think? I'm old enough to be a granny, but seriously! I shouldn't be acting like one! LOL.

Well, my house needs my sorry lackadaisical ass attention for some cleaning, so I will bid you happy Thursday, my hooligans - hope your day is more productive than mine! :-)

Love,

5 comments:

  1. Do you take Vitamin D? My neurologist has me on 3,000 units a day. Really helps with a lot of things, MS included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe B-12 shots would get you going again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Yawn} let me know if the iron {yawn} gives you any energy... thinks I could use some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you start to feel better and find some energy! That stinks. With any luck maybe he can just give you a super vitamin.

    It's a little seasonal for me. I feel the need to nap and I'm NOT a napper. I hate taking a nap. Makes me feel disoriented the rest of the day. And I was reminded that Christmas is only 10 weeks away. So, just when you think it is time to hibernate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hate when people play doctor with me (except for my husband) but i'm going to do it to you. do you take any B vitamins? i would be a lazy mess without my B12 (like a bazillion milligrams) and my B Super Complex. i have to take both. they also keep me healthy when all the dang kids are getting sick! tell the drugstore Kerrie sent ya.

    ReplyDelete