Friday, October 21, 2011

I Love A Bargain!

OK, so yesterday, I mentioned the LivingSocial deal I saw in my email for a super eye exam/glasses place (same place I got my lovely glasses, that I do love). They weren't cheap, but you get what you pay for in most cases.

The Evil Twin didn't need the deal, my next appointment is in February, but I can't even remember the last time Buddy had his eyes checked. Since he was born early, he did develop Retinopathy of Prematurity and had laser surgery on both eyes - he was home from the hospital, but still only weighed 4lbs, 4oz. The surgery went well.

At 18 months, we learned that he would need glasses. We've been dealing with his vision his whole life.

This deal was too good to pass up - $75 and the LivingSocial deal offered an extra $189 for the full package.

The lady who helped us find frames selected several. One frame, Buddy really liked and they were being discontinued. Regular price: over $300.00. Our price, even with the lenses: FREE. Of course, I added polybicarbonite lenses with the Transitions and Sharpview. That put us a little over our free limit, but then I remembered I had a $50 credit at that store for my glasses being not on time as promised.

I used that credit and the total balance, from $428.00 came to $88.00. (don't get all flustered at the original price - Buddy has a very unusual prescription and often the lenses are several times the price of the frames).

They even tightened up his current pair, so they wouldn't slide down his nose all the time! Now, that is service!

The new pair he chose are so light-weight, it's like picking up a feather. Plus, they are gorgeous and they really fit his face just perfect.

The sales girl tried to get him to try on a pair with thicker frames...LOL. He said, "I'm not even trying those on." We both laughed at the BC glasses (birth control glasses - so fugly, no one would want to date you).

We will definitely be back to Ramsey Eye Care and I think we'll have to get Daddy to switch too. They are just too wonderful!

Have a wonderful Friday, my sweet hooligans and enjoy your weekend!

Love,

8 comments:

  1. We used to go there when we lived in WV. They were wonderful! My husband has very complicated eye issues. I always felt the service went above and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe I'm thinking of another place Either way, CONGRATS on your bargain. That was a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN! I wish I would have seen this on Living Social. I haven't been to the eye doctor in -- about 16 years. Since I was a kid. And my eyesight is getting worse every year. Time to bite the bullet and just go already. I'll have to check this place out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they'll be nice to you next time what with your fulsome endorsement.

    BC glasses, I've just bought a pair - totally wasted on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A - My frugal nature has rubbed off on our son, he tried that one great pair of glasses on and asked, "Are these free?" LOL. But, they really were the best choice for him regardless of the price. :-)

    K - email me at eviltwinswife@gmail.com and add me as a Facebook friend. I'll be sure to notify you of the "I can't pass it up" deals. In the meantime, visit Ramsey's -totally state of the art eye care. You'll love it.

    M - They're always nice to me. There's no shame in BC glasses - they're becoming the popular style nowdays! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Living Social has deals in our area now. I just got one today to get my hair did. And BOY does it need did. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glasses are not cheap, I generally pay more than $300 when I get new ones. Good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use living social and groupon all the time. Mostly I use the restaurant deals because I go out to eat a lot - cooking for one is just not fun. But your bargain was awesome!

    Also, I am so glad my computer is finally letting me back on your site. For the longest time it was blocking me!!

    ReplyDelete