Monday, November 23, 2009

Getting A Late Start

Because it's Monday and I can.

I'll be doing my grocery shopping tomorrow - and no, I'm not nuts. I do it this way every Thanksgiving. See, I don't care for ham or turkey, so I pick up those things at Honeybaked Ham (which used to be Heavenly Ham) and I like it to be as fresh as possible, but I know better than to get out on Wednesday! LOL. I really don't see a need to make a larger ham or turkey (or both) when I know I won't eat it and we'd have way too much left overs. If I buy it from the ham place, it's a bit more expensive, but I don't have to fool with cooking it and we have just enough.

So, tomorrow, I'll finish up my Thanksgiving shopping.

But, today, I can just chill here at home. I have a few phone calls to make and I think I'm going to wash the greys out of my hair this morning.

Buddy is off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and the Evil Twin is off on Th and F, so we all get to enjoy a long weekend. (well, I'll probably be doing a ton of laundry as usual, but it'll be a little more laid back!).

I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving week already. I know I am! :-)

It's almost 10 am and I figure if I'm going to get anything accomplished today, I better get to it.

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy the relaxing stay at home holiday... this is our Thanksgiving to travel so its 12 hours each way to Long Island... however we get to relax at home for Christmas so its a fair trade off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those hams! I'll be doing the family cooking this year since Grasshopper is on call (and on call for a holiday with Hospice means all the relatives who haven't seen their loved one come in and a lot of them call Hospice). We usually do it together.

    The way I feel, we could be having the most trimmed down Thanksgiving ever. Enjoy your relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax and enjoy, Honey. You deserve it!

    I dread the day we own a home and have to host. How stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a relaxing and very enjoyable long Thanksgiving weekend! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice way to do things. Hope the Tuesday crowd isn't to crazy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you could think of something to write today. My mind is blank. My Monday blog post sucks. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the thought of turkey and ham is making my mouth water... relax and have a wonderful turkey day. Good luck with the grocery.. it's gonna be nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking forward to our long wknd. here too - the kids are off ALL WEEK *sigh* - the hubster is off from Wed. on.... *sigh* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy! I cook even when we visit other family members for the big meal. Gotta have the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete