Monday, May 25, 2009

Holiday

It's a holiday day today in the US - Memorial Day. A day when we remember our fellow Americans who are in the military or have served in the military and served for our freedom.

Of course, my 3 year old daughter has no working knowledge of the holiday and woke up extra early this morning.

The Evil Twin has a day off work and Buddy has no school, so I was looking forward to a day of sleeping in just a little bit.

I was rudley awoken, but fabulously molested, at some point in the middle of the night. And, Sissy has no regard for that fact or the fact that I stayed up too late doing laundry drinking too much.

So, instead of sleeping in to honor our service members, past and present, I am up at the glorious hour of 7:15, which is only 45 minutes later than I normally sleep.

I think I'll try to snatch a hammock nap later on.

Speaking of later, we're doing the traditional American thing and grilling steaks. We'll also have corn and baked potatoes.

Before I go, I want to thank all of my glamorous readers for the wonderful comments on the gardening post. I received loads of really great advice! Even one piece of advice from an anonymous commenter about getting another pepper plant for cross-pollination, which was an excellent idea and duly noted - I now have 2 tomato plants, 2 pepper plants, 2 pansies and a hanging Hindu rope plant!

I also want to send a shout out to Leighmo for her great tips as well! Check her out. She may well have saved a few plants' lives with her advice! :-)

So, remember to thank your service members/veterans today. The Evil Twin is a former Air Force member, so I can just hug him all day. He never served war time, but he almost did. He was near the end of his 4 years of active duty when the first Gulf War started. He was given the option to re-enlist or separate. Since his ugly whore first wife had already left, he decided to join her smelly twat .

But, in the end, it means he moved back to the place I lived and we eventually met through a mutual friend. So, it's all good.

Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day. Midnight ravages eh?
    You are right - you are both pure evil.xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post and many thanks to the Evil Twin for his service!

    Oh, and try not to stay up doing laundry too many nights in a row. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have offered "sage" (weak pun intended) gardening advice, but ... well ... it was best left to the professionals!

    Enjoy your holiday and don't forget to take a moment to reflect and remember at 3:00PM local time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are grilling too, if the weather holds up! Enjoy your day. I wish I could do nothing, but - as a mom - you know, our work is never done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great Holiday!! Grope the Evil Twin for me as a Thank you for his service :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding me that today is much more of an important day than just a day off! And give the ET what he wants for his service - and thank him from Momma, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys really are just a couple of horn-dogs!

    All kidding aside.

    As your neighbor to the North, I have a great appreciation for the inimitable United States Armed Forces.
    We benefit enormously from the bravery of your men and women in Service as well.
    My thanks and respect to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to the ET for his service. War time or not it is a huge gift people in the service give us. They could be in harms way yet they still choose to share themselves for us.

    A hammock nap sounds like a wonderful pay off for an early morning molesting from little sissy, hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gave my Veteran husband some sugar this morning, and got to sleep in. ;) Sounds like a great day! Make sure to give TET some sugar from me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. being woken and ravished........oh my god, i would KILL someone !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha, SMELLY TWAT, hahahahahaha. I heart you, Ms. ETW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Thank ET for his service! Do what you have to do for him I say -laundry, ravishing him..whatever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Memorial Day to you - hope you spent it relaxing. I didn't know The Evil Twin has an ex-wife! Learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly short time reader, first time commenter.
    I hope you did get to enjoy the rest of your day off and reading back over your posts i find them both interesting and amusing.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Give the evil twin an extra hug.. love a man who wore a uniform!

    Sorry you didn't get the chance to sleep in after working so late folding laundry..

    Speaking of laundry.. or whatever... ...Tamis made us some of the Blueberry Mojito's the other nite, (she had posted on her website last Friday) good stuff! Full of healthy antioxidants.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. We...uh...had a night like yours...and the kids were conspiring against us as well...up before the sun!

    Egads...but a hammock sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete