I was tagged, first by Ron at Warped Mind of Ron and then, I got tagged again by Rosemary over at Rosemary's Attic. How cool is that? I, for one, think it is very cool! Without futher ado, the meme goes as follows:
1. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
2. Each player list 6 facts/habits/secrets about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Okay, so this was harder than I had imagined. I spent most of the day ruminating on what I'd like to share and jotted down some points of interest, wherein I will hereby elaborate on them.
1. I have "Mystery Lactose Intolerance". I call it a mystery because I'm never sure when or where I might be stricken. I can have a bowl of cereal and be just fine and dandy or I can have a bowl of cereal and be running for the toilet inside of an hour. I never know, so I don't take chances. I also carry a bottle of Immodium AD in my purse. Just in case.
Menfolk may want to pass on by #2, but I'm giving you fair warning.
2. You've heard of the "crazy cat lady" right? Well, I am the crazy pad lady. After Buddy was born (by emergency c-section), I was told that I may have bleeding or spotting for up to 12 weeks. 12 weeks? That's just crazy talk. Since Buddy was in the NICU for 6.5 weeks, the Evil Twin and I spent a lot of time visiting him up there. I had had a couple of "good" days - i.e. nothing going on down south AT ALL. So, I went to the NICU wearing legging pants (the popular style then) and as I was sitting by Buddy's isolette, I felt a gush. Luckily, the Evil Twin had his Air Force jacket with him and I was able to wear that out of the hospital. But, ever since that fateful day, I do not get dressed without wearing a panty liner. Just in case.
3. I think my feet are adorable. They're really nice and smooth and my toes are all little and cute. My second toe is NOT longer than my big toe, which I think is cute. The Evil Twin says it's weird. I try to keep the toenails polished at all times, but since it's cold (no wearing sandals a possiblity), I'm giving them a polish break. I also have a odd shaped brown birthmark on the inside of my left foot, which I was always self conscious about, but I've embraced it and almost never pay it any attention now.
4. I do not think that sweats, track suits, or lounge wear are REAL clothes. I won't go out in public in them - and I don't even own anything sweat suit material. Nor will I let my children wear them out of the house. They're fine for hanging around the house on a cold day, but if we leave for any reason, I will change them into jeans, khakis, whatever.... NO SWEATS!
5. I have never eaten a brussels sprout and have no desire to do so. Ditto that on lobster.
6. I like to cook and consider myself fairly proficient at it. My mother was the best cook on this planet... I tried to learn as much from her as possible. However, no one can make a scrambled egg sammich like she could. I haven't even attempted to make one myself since she died.
Okay, the rules didn't say how many people I should tag, and I think most everyone on my blogroll has been tagged already, but I'll throw out Buzzardbilly, ...A Sour Apple Tree, and Kate from One More Thing. If they are so moved to do it. I'd enjoy seeing their "secrets".