Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Road to Hell

Is paved with good intentions. Example: You do something that benefits people other than yourself. The next day, you are blessed with a kind and giving soul who does some housework for you (for free). And no, he wasn't some weirdo, he just wanted to do a good deed for the day.

Then you find out an astronomical hospital bill was in error and you don't owe a dime. One car was inherited, the other paid off last month.... Both not very old and not very many miles. Well, the Evil Twin's inherited vehicle (a 2003 Buick with around 30K miles on it) starts losing parts and having problems.
Then, my van (a 2003 Voyager LX) is paid off last month and suddenly, it feels like the transmission is slipping.

We decided to get it looked at NOW, rather than wait and have a complete disaster. Hopefully, it's early in the game and can be fixed relatively quickly and inexpensive (as car repairs go, at any rate).

Bud has a dr. appt. today and Sis needs a ride home, so we'll see how all this pans out. Sheesh. Just when I thought things might be getting back to "normal" again, we face more adversity.

I don't know when I'll be back or even if I want to continue here. It seems to be becoming more trouble than it's worth. I have the evil malware warning  (even though I do not get it using Firefox) and I spend hours trying to find a way to contact Google, to no avail.

I need to go get ready for the "Bad News Car Repair" report. At least the Evil Twin and I can walk to Wendy's and get some lunch.....(that's SUCH a boost - eh, not really).

I hope you hooligans are having a better day than yours truly....I'll be around. Y'all know where to find me. :-)

Love,


2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping the car repairs are not that horrible. It is amazing how everything can go to crap at one time isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the saying:
    "when it rains, it pours"
    but it can be so true
    wishing you the best of luck
    just realized that we have a mutual friend, Robyn Smith

    ReplyDelete