Monday, September 26, 2011

Life is "interesting"

Last week was pretty craptacular. I had a million things to do and no time and no motivation to actually do them.

When I reach this point, the Evil Twin elevates his own mood to "asshole" status.

Luckily, I can ignore it for the most part, so I just move on.

I woke up at 7 am yesterday morning to prep for crock pot Sunday. I should have been ahead of the ordeal by prepping the night before, but I got tired.

By 8 am, I convinced myself to get the crock going. I had to cut some fat off a roast and even though I have not been a vegetarian for many years now, working with meat products still gives me the willies. There was a bit of dry heaving on my part, but I was right beside the sink, luckily and the only substance I'd had prior to 7 am was a few little sips of water.

After several hours of crocking, the finished product was not only cooked thoroughly, but also delicious.

I'll post the recipe tomorrow - it was a smash hit with the entire family (don't let it be known that I like the veggies the best!).

I have been so far behind today, I'm so tired...It's time for a shower and getting on with life in general. Buddy has an appointment with the orthodontist later. I'm sure there will be torture involved.

Have a happy Monday, hooligans! Don't do anything I wouldn't do! ;-)

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Hope your low energy state doesn't drag you down for too long.

    Is crock pot cooking, slow cooking? which is great for meat which otherwise would be far too tough and dry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use my crock pot in the summer but I have to get back into the swing of it since fall is here!!

    ReplyDelete