With middle school looming in Buddy's future, I'm finding it hard to stay focused on any one thing for much time. I kind of just want to "get there" and get it started, so I finally find out what to expect. We'll see....
1. On Wednesday, we went to the pool. We took our friends Inanna and her son (one of Buddy's BFFs) too, since she had the day off. It was really nice and there was almost no one there!
2. I wonder what the pool apparel protocol is, exactly. It seems like some people will get up to go to the concession stand and wrap their towel around them, almost robe like. Others, like me, figure "You've already seen me in this swimsuit, I'm not covering up to get a soft pretzel with cheese."
3. Buddy spent the night with Inanna's son, and we expect them all up here later for more sun and fun (and maybe pizza!? Mmmmm).
4. While we were at the pool, Sissy noticed *something* in a cracked corner of the baby pool. I investigated further and it was a little frog. We kept checking on him and finally, he was in a position where I was able to poke at him and get him out and rescue him from sure drowning! Here's the little fella:
You might have to click to make it larger - I tried to get to my camera in time to get a pic of him on the pool edge, but he hopped off quickly! (Kenju, I always have my camera! LOL).
4. I must be missing my mom more than usual lately. Every evening, I fix myself a scrambled egg sandwich, on toast, with plenty of real mayo. And have a handful of chips. She always made the BEST scrambled egg sandwich and I still miss her skillful touch of this simple meal. (plus, she always used white bread, but I buy 100% Whole Wheat for the family, so I deal. Extra mayo makes it easier to deal with!).
5. This weekend, we plan to do some back to school clothes shopping. It's the first time I haven't just been able to call Land's End and order uniforms. I'm looking forward to the new twist!
6. Blogger has made it difficult for me to visit blogs and leave comments - I keep getting an error message. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon! And when it is fixed, I WILL be around to leave a comment.
7. Thank goodness, tomorrow is FRIDAY! I love weekends!
And I hope you all have a lovely one!
I didn't forget: HNT: