Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th 2007

Our fourth has been really fantastic. The Evil Twin grilled out and we had a friend over. It was good food and good conversation. The rest of the day has been pretty laid back - except now.

It is nearly 9 pm and I put Sissy in bed shortly after 7. She didn't have an afternoon nap and I knew she was tired. She was just whining and rubbing her eyes. So, I got her in the bath and gave her the evening bottle. Sung the night night song and laid her in the crib. Well, she's still back there "talking" to herself. It's driving me crazy, so I turned the monitor down a bit. She really needs to go to sleep! I can't imagine how tired she must be!

We're trying to watch a documentary on TV and of course, Buddy is still up. The Evil Twin never forces him to go to bed at a reasonable hour during the summer.

I don't mean to sound selfish, but I need time alone for at least a little while each day. An hour would be nice. I guess when the kids are grown, I'll have plenty of time on my hands. Of course, I'll be too old to enjoy myself. LOL.

Well, we're getting a major storm right now. I'm glad it waited until after our cook out! We could really use the rain. Alrighty, hope your day was fun and sunny and full of good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment