Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Experiment Part 2

Okay, remember my blog from the beginning of March when I started my "conditioner experiment"? No? Well, let me refresh your memory. I bought a 14.5 oz bottle of cheapy (Suave) hair conditioner and wanted to see how long that bottle could last if I only used a dime sized amount every day. I only treated the hair that grew below my ears (which is what is recommended, anyway).

Well, I finally ran out. I had to buy a new bottle of conditioner on Monday, July 16th. I started using it on July 17th. So, my conditioner lasted about 4 and a half months! Not too shabby for a product I purchased for $1.92 - I bought the "fancier" Suave Professionals series. If my calculations are correct, that's 0.01 cent per day!

I plan on squeezing my new bottle until it screams "Uncle!" too. Plus, with my new purchase, I got a free sample of body wash and I got some Suave frizz control cream and had a $1.00 off two Suave products coupon, so this new bottle was even cheaper than $1.92!

One of my new favorite websites is this one:http://walmart.triaddigital.com/Free-Samples.aspx

Really awesome freebies! Yay!

5 comments:

  1. If you ever find yourself needing a new husband and I'm down a wife, let's do lunch! I'm sure we could do it for practically nuttin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, when I said "do it", I meant lunch. I'm sure you knew that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BK.......suuuuuuurrre. We believe that. LOL


    The conditioner I use is "Mane and Tail" from K-mart. I was first developed for use on horses and it is great - and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you the best and thriftiest Wally World shopper. I have short hair...it could last 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dime sized amount in my hair would disappear like smoke in the wind....with curly/frizzy hair I pile it on just be able to get a comb through it.

    Soooo, I use the cheapass stuff and slather it on. I still get a good month's worth of use outta a big bottle of TresEmme.

    That being said, I'm an awe of your stick-to-it-iveness. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete