Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ready for the Floor Guy

Our house is nearly empty in the den and dining room. The hallway is empty, of course. We still need to remove towels and sheets from the linen closet and move those out of the way so they won't get dusty from the sanding.

I've mentioned before that we'll be doing our living from the lower level, which is fine. We have access to the driveway and the backyard from there and the kitchen is at the back of the house on the upper level, so we have access to that as well. We just won't be able to go back and forth to the bedrooms or main bathroom.

We'll be up early moving last minute provisions to the downstairs den. It's like a fun camping adventure... only it's not so fun, really and I don't care for camping. Sigh. I'm trying to look at the bright side, though! It IS only temporary and I just keep imagining our joy at the end of this week when it's all in place and we can go back to our normal routines.

We've had several positive references on the guy we hired, so please, keep your fingers crossed that he's as good as we've heard and we're all happy with the outcome. Everyone keeps saying we'll be shocked at how nicely the floors will clean up. I just keep looking at the stains and the yucky spot where someone had glued down tile or lineoleum and I think, "What a mess!"

It's time for me to be moving more items downstairs. This is going to be a strange week, but I'll have my laptop with me, so I'll update when I can!

1 comment:

  1. Hang plastic at all doors - around the jams.

    Sanding is NOT a clean experience.

    Also - cover the door to the kitchen, even if it is nowhere near where the sanding is taking place.

    Go stock up on air filters while you're at it. You will need them when this is over. And plan on a good, heavy clean.

    Consider hiring out.

    And relax! Congratulations - and take pics when you are done!

    ReplyDelete