Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Annoyances

Plenty of things get on my nerves. When I was younger, I would listen to AC/DC turned all the way up to 11. Now that I'm older and slightly hard of hearing, I don't enjoy noisy distractions of any kind.

Sure, I'll pop a CD in my laptop every so often, but I never turn on music in the car. There are a couple of CDs rolling around in there, but they're probably things the Evil Twin put in the little storage area, then forgot.

If I'm home alone, the TV is off. There isn't anything worth watching during the day anyway.

Both of the kids have a DSi and plenty of games to play on them. Buddy will generally turn the sound down or use earbuds to listen to his. Sissy has no such interest in being courteous.

Thanks to my early days of AC/DC at ear shattering levels, I sometimes can't tell where a sound is coming from. Everytime I hear those silly games going, I think it's my cell phone.

It's pretty sad when I can tell what game it is just by the corny music. I need a life!

Or maybe I should look into becoming a librarian...

Love,

14 comments:

  1. im the same way. when i think NOW of how loud i used to listen to music in my car, i shiver.

    ah, teens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turn the TV off when I'm the only one home too. There is nothing on during the day worth wasting time over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I would appreciate peace and quiet the way I do today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slyde - I used to put my head *between* the big speakers in my room. :::shaking head sadly:::

    Jennifer - You got that right, sistah!

    Joker - I *need* a daily dose of solitude, otherwise my brain starts to feel jiggly. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually have the TV or a radio on in the background. Too much total silence is a problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or, in some cases it is the cell phone. Just the other day, the boy stops by, and one of the ring tones on his new driod phone is the Mario Bros. theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess what sound pushes me over the edge??? The freaking fan on the stove. I HATE THAT noise!!!! I would rather inhale toxic smoke than hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could be the naughty sexy librarian!!!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate noise, too. I love my Kindle largely because it's QUIET.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dead quiet! And I have no idea why, but having worked in night clubs and bars back in the day, and then on noisy construction sites for a long time, my hearing remains nearly perfect(at least at the last testing).
    Librarian wouldn'tb e bad job, you could peer over top of your glasses and shush people to your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The older I get, the more I value silence. I love music and I do listen to it in the car and sometimes in my office, but I don't want or need it 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm noise-averse too now...it's just gets in the way of me hearing things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is not "sad". It is a skill that helps you connect with your kids!

    After being a drummer for 10 years my ears are pretty shot but I still enjoy listening to music a lot and talk radio.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think everything is my cell phone too. But unlike you, I don't blame AC/DC. I blame Metallica.

    ReplyDelete