Imagine my surprise and overall feeling of honor when I discovered that I'd been given an award from Kate at One More Thing. I'm not sure if that link is going to work or not. I still haven't gotten the hang of that linky stuff yet. If it doesn't work, she's over there on the right, in alphabetical order. She's a super interesting and intelligent blogger, not to mention talented beyond words when it comes to knitting. Her yarn work is breathtaking.
Without further ado:
Very nice. I don't think I deserve it as I just come here to unload on my boring day and blather about my stay at home mom life. From time to time, I'll think of something amusing to ponder. However, I DO really appreciate my readers and commenters. I get so much great feedback and advice (see "Struggling" below).
In order to pass on the award, I'm called upon to offer three pointers on blog writing.
1. Be yourself. I feel the more genuine the writing, the more genuine the person behind the words and therefore, easy to love and want to come back for more.
2. Proofread. I self-edit and proof as I go, so if there are any misspellings or grammatical "oopsies", it's a typo.
3. Keep exploring others' blog rolls. You never know who you'll find out there and have another friend! Don't be shy - just comment away!
Part Two is that I'm supposed to link to 5 other bloggers who deserve this award, IMO. I love my blog roll and I visit every one of them (and I have others on my favorites list I haven't had time to add), and many of my top friends have already been named, so I'll have to go with: (and I don't think my links are working):
1. Buzzardbilly - funnier than a one legged man at a butt kickin' contest. She is smart (like the smart person's smarter person).
2. Wyld - He's in Iraq (I mistakenly said Afghanistan before) and has written some powerful pieces about his time in the desert. No matter where you stand on the war, he never lets on his personal preferences, just tells it like it is.
3. DonutBuzz - I'm so glad I found him this year. He has a very thoughtful manner and writes from the heart.
4. Carpe You Some Diem - She's amazing. Not only can she write, she often includes pics of her various art works and photography. Talented all around.
5. The Film Geek - He may have been tagged already, but if not, I couldn't leave him off my list. It's not all films with him, but it's all good.
Okay, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I've got more to say - different subject matter, though and if I'm feeling up to it, or perhaps, have had too many glasses of wine, I'll be back later. If not, you'll get the hangover version tomorrow.