Sunday, September 2, 2007

Corsets

What you've all been waiting for.... There is a type of body modification that is known as tightlacing or waist training. Basically, you wear a very tight and good quality corset and you can permanently reduce the size of your waist.

Remember ladies back in the 50s with 14 and 16 inch waists? Well, I'm not going for that small, but you'll get the idea.

I've had the thought floating around in my mind for years. There's something sexy and fun about it. But, I waited. I've had my two kids, don't want anymore so I figured now would be a good time to get started. However, the corset must be worn at least 23 hours a day and I think I'm going to officially wait until the Fall weather to start wearing it seriously. I don't want to appear "lumpy", although the corset I bought is very smooth: http://www.absolutecorsets.com/in-stock-corsets/vo-1915u-2.htm

Anyway, there you have it. I'll let you know how it's going from time to time, if you're interested. I try to wear it at night so I can sleep and waist train at the same time. It's a little awkward to just wear around the house, but I suppose I'll get used to it. You just can't bend at your waist very easily with the corset on. Sometimes, it takes me and the Evil Twin to get me in the daggone thing, but I'm pretty good about getting myself out of it.

Take a look around the Absolute Corsets site. They have some really beautiful (and expensive) garments. I'm not ready to buy another and invest more money until I see how this initial project is going.

Enjoy your Labor Day Holiday!!! I know we will.

5 comments:

  1. Er... good luck!

    /happier than ever to have been born with... er... without ever having to think about that sort of thing.
    //slashies know what to say
    ///even when I don't

    (happy holidays!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....

    If it works out for you, let me know. I wouldn't be opposed to having a smaller waist but only if it didn't cause my ass to stick out further than it already does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude - sounds sexy AND painful.

    What's not to like? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had the courage to wear one of those things.

    Always had the need, but never had the courage.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I got my wife into one of those I think I'd have it back off pretty quickly....if you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete