Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day Two of School....

Well, this morning was decidedly more difficult than yesterday (the first day). I think there is so much excitement about the first day -- all the adrenalin, etc. Then, this morning, it was very hard to get motivated. Ugh. I hate mornings.

Surprisingly, I am looking forward to next week. It will be full days - so far, these first days are partial days when Buddy gets out at 12:45, so that doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to get much done. The baby needs a nap and lunch and by then, it's almost time for pick up, so why bother.

Plus, it was quite nearly hotter than Hades here today. I had sweat just pouring off my face and neck after spending about 10 minutes out front waiting for my afternoon riders (I pick up Buddy, another boy and a girl).

Anyway, Buddy said today was better than yesterday. He is thrilled that the next 3 lunches in line are things he loves - and this comes from my 55 inch tall, 63 lb. child who eats more "snacks" than anyone in the world and still maintains his slight frame (guess that acorn didn't fall far from the tree).

Also, I THINK I have finally finished the school supply list! They apparently needed a small spiral bound notebook, which was NOT on MY list, but Buddy claims *everyone* had one, but him. I have gone over that list about 30 times and never saw "spiral bound notebook" listed at all. Oh well... He is hooked up now and with luck, we won't need to purchase more supplies before next term. (sarcastic tone needs to be imagined in the readers' head).

No comments:

Post a Comment