I got this meme from Karen at Smilin' Thru It All. I think it's supposed to be a Friday thing, but she bucked the system and did it on Sunday. I asked to play along and I'm going to also be a rebel and post it on Monday! So, put that in your pipe and smoke it!
The way this works is that she gives me five words, upon which I am supposed to show you my awesomeness about my thoughts on these words. Or something like that.
If you want to play along, leave a comment and I'll flip thru a dictionary and send you five words.
1. Gold - I only wear white gold. Yellow gold looks hideous with my skin tone. If it's not white gold, then it's sterling silver or at least silver colored. In fact, I am in the process of eliminating all yellow gold touches in our house as well. It gives me a goal in life. LOL.
2. Vacation - I'm mostly a homebody, but I do like to get away for a few days sometimes. Right now, my family is begging for a trip to the beach in Summer 2010. I'll see what I can do. Even though I swore off all family vacations after the Disney World Debacle of 2009.
3. Opera - Not much a fan of operas, but I have enjoyed a few in my lifetime. I also think anyone who can sing opera is exceedingly talented. It has to be difficult to hold those notes!
4. Feminism - I know you'll all be shocked to know that I am not a fan of feminism. I personally blame Gloria Steinem for the downfall of the nuclear family and all those other "I am woman, hear me roar" types of the early 70s. Now, we all know that females are the stronger gender - we make it all happen behind the scenes. I pay all the bills here, I go over the finances on a regular basis and basically do anything that doesn't involve yard work. The Evil Twin supports us by working and I tend to all the day to day activities/needs. I love getting mail from my sister in law. She always addresses the envelopes to Mrs. (His name) (Our last name). I'm the Mrs., so I know it's for me. The Evil Twin has his role and I have mine and we're happy with that. Sure, it's traditional, but we're not sticks in the mud, either. We love to have a good time and we love to laugh about stupid stuff. I could practically write a whole post on just this subject alone. Just so you know, I come from a long line of traditional women. One of my aunts never knew how a gas pump worked. I do pump my own gas. :-)
5. Watermelon - I love watermelon and honeydew melons. Not a big fan of the canteloupe, though. But, I love anything to do with watermelon - the smell, the taste...in candy form, liquid form, whatever. It's funny: the Evil Twin's mom was so sick when she was pregnant with him, all she could keep down was watermelon. Her doctor prescribed Thalidomide (later found to cause birth defects, but she only took one and said it didn't help - good thing because the Evil Twin might be sporting flippers for arms - not that there's anything wrong with that). Anyway, HE hates melons. I think that's unAmerican. Watermelon is a darn near perfect food. Add salt and you've got a party!
This was fun! :-)