Tuesday, February 5, 2008

One Year Ago Today

I started writting in this dusty corner of the web. Through the months of writting and visiting fellow bloggers sites, I have made so many amazing friends.


People come to visit every day (not sure why) and even honor me with blog awards from time to time (really not sure why). For being a college educated journalist - meaning that's the degree I earned from Marshall University, not necessarily a career journalist - I'm not that great of a writer. In college, my strong suit was copywriting. You know, blurbs or tag lines for ads, etc.


So, I just keep chugging along here - venting a bit, talking about my day or even reminiscing about days past for my entertainment - and hopefully yours.


The Roto Rooter guys came by today and looked things over and said I could use my disposer. He said they tend to get backed up like that and gave me some pointers on how to get the best use of it. Next time it stops up, I'm to call and ask for him and he said he would bring the largest snaking tool they have. Super nice and didn't even charge me for the consult!


And on a completely unrelated note, Buddy decided he wanted these from the store the other day:

They look innocent and tasty, don't they? Well, they are sooooo rich and sweet, after I ate one, I felt queasy for the rest of the evening. Try at your own risk. They seemed to be a hit with the smaller occupants of our house.

13 comments:

  1. Awwwww! Happy Blog-birthday!!! Can't believe it's been a year already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary!

    I'm elated about Roto-Rooter. I hopped on now just to check to see how it went. I'm so going to call them next time I need plumbed. Who knows? Maybe I'll need the much ballyhooed gunk cam.

    BTW, those Little Debbie double decker oatmeal cakes are killer. The oatmeal cookie cakes with two layers of creamy filling between them. I can't eat a whole one in one sitting. Hell, I can't eat one often. I know those things are butt-builders and we all know my butt needs no more building kplzthx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!

    And if you're craving s'mores, I have a secret that I will share with you (and the rest of the free world that can read and finds your blog): Winter S'mores:
    Two graham crackers
    Nutella
    Fluff

    Apply, sandwich, eat. Repeat.

    YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog B-Day!

    Also I'm amaze the Roto Rooter guys didn't charge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That package of "S'mores" looks suspiciously like what a child told me he had for breakfast one morning last week...since his brother had Oreos, it doesn't make sense that his Dad would've made REAL S'Mores. Thanks for clearing up that mystery for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogoversary, I understand why people come back, but I was told to keep it a secret or they would hunt me down...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary! I could have sworn it was more than a year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary - I am so NOT a journalist...but utilize my blog to vent a little. No one in my house wants to hear my tirades, so I found it to be very cathartic. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogversary. Also, go THUNDERING HEARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you're not a blog virgin anymore! Hahahaha!

    Eat too many Smores and another pipe gets stopped up, if ya know what I mean, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Well done on reaching a year! um...do you have any of those Smores left? I'll gladly take a few off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogversary!

    The smores look tasty but I'm not a big fan of marshmallow...

    ReplyDelete