Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tumbleweeds and Crickets

That's what I feel like when I come by my dusty little corner of the webs. It's quiet here at home tonight, too. The Evil Twin took Buddy to the circus. I decided to sit this one out. Sissy is too small to enjoy it and frankly, I don't enjoy the smelly circus with all their heavy duty crowds of humanity. There isn't enough anti-anxiety medication being manufactured to help me cope with that business. No sir!

Buddy has never been to the circus before, so he was all a-titter about it for the last few days. I hope they have a good time. They'll probably be in late tonight. Buddy does have school tomorrow, but he'll be okay on a little less sleep than usual.

I've been a bit bummed out since Monday - the whole Virginia Tech thing. My dad graduated from VPI, so did 2 of my uncles and several of my cousins. One of my cousins was named Alumni of the Year in the 80s. We're all a very big Hokie family. I would have gone to VT myself, but I wanted to major in Journalism and Marshall University offers one of the best programs for that on the East Coast. VT is the school you want for engineering or technical type degrees. My Dad was a civil engineer. He retired as the head of the WV region of the Federal Highway Administration. He had 40 years in with them.

If he were alive today, he'd be very disheartened, as I'm sure all my other family connected to the university is, as well. If you've ever been to Blacksburg, you know the campus is idyllic and peaceful. Seems like such a contrast to be the scene of such evil.

Please keep the families and students of Virginia Tech in your good thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I've always had a fear of the circus. (I know, what the heck.)

    I hate that people were so quickly looking to blame the administration. Let's blame the killer. It is unbelievable that we are going to have to start living life based on the bad parts of society.

    ReplyDelete