Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Day Off

I feel like I have been constantly busy since early last week. Every day, it seems, I had an appointment or something else to tend to. I got my hair cut on Thursday. Friday, I had a regular appointment with my family doctor. The weekend was spent with the in-laws and celebrating my birthday. Monday, I had an appointment for my yearly "birdie inspection" at the OBs. Tuesday was grocery day... .Phew.

Yesterday, I just stayed home, but I did three loads of laundry, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen. Today, I just hung out and played with the baby! It was great. When I put her down for her early nap, I plopped myself on the couch and just zoned. I didn't sleep, but I just totally relaxed.

Then, I got up and fixed myself a cup of hot tea out of a tea assortment a friend sent for my birthday. It was just so NICE.

I should be doing my thank you notes for all my gifts or filling out health insurance forms for the open enrollment at the Evil Twin's office. I always pick the same thing every time anyway, but because I had to list the baby's social security number on the form, I balked. After all, I'd have to GET UP from the couch and walk to my purse and then find her card. That can wait! Sheesh.

Every now and then, I just need a mental break. Today was a good day to take it.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't do crap yesterday either. There was plenty to do, but the storms just made me feel lazy. I did finish one book and read two chapters on a new one.

    Then the kids got home and it was time to get dinner going. Lemon-garlic chicken, mmmm good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs time like that. When baby is napping, Momma should rest as well.

    Zoning out is a perfectly good use of time.

    Insurance forms can wait another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were times, when our kids were little-little, that I PRAYED for naptime. Zoning out is a terrifically pleasurable thing to do, and often necessary when you're a mom to young kids.

    Or a mom to older kids.

    Or just need a nap.

    ReplyDelete