Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Looking Ahead

After a fairly relaxing and restful weekend, I feel ready to face this week.

The Evil Twin had his PET scan yesterday and we hope to hear something about the results by the end of the week. 

After this week, the kids only have school on Monday, half a day on Tuesday and then they're off the rest of the week for the Thanksgiving break. It'll be nice to not have to rush around doing the usual morning stuff, even though I know I'll still be up early. 

We've decided that since the Evil Twin still doesn't eat solid foods and I am not a big fan of the Thanksgiving type foods, we'll just order some Chinese carry out for the three of us (me and the children). We haven't had Chinese in a long while, so it'll be a nice treat and I don't have to do much work except set the table and clean up afterwards. 

Plus, I know we'll have plenty of leftovers...the Chinese place always serves enough to feed an army, it seems. So, that part will be just like Thanksgiving. We'll just be eating stir fry broccoli for 3 days instead of turkey! :-) It's all good! 

A friend of mine has a daughter who is a few years younger than Sissy and is currently in dance classes. Sissy has a TON of dance wear things that she has outgrown (plus she is not taking dance right now), so my girlfriend is stopping by today to pick this stuff up. 

I'm so thrilled because #1. I get to see my friend (even though I look pretty rough this morning), #2. This dancewear stuff is expensive, so I'm glad to see it going to someone who can use it and #3. It'll clear up some space in Sissy's closet. 

It drives me crazy when she has things she has outgrown and they're still hanging there, but I don't know what else to do with them. I don't want to fold them and get them all wrinkled. If I wasn't lazy, I could take them to a consignment shop, but some of the items are just cute everyday things, not fancy consignment items, so they hang there. Driving me batty. 

I'll be a little less batty later today! Still nuts, of course, just not as bad. 

I hope my hooligans are having a great week so far. I have lots on my mind, so I'm going to ruminate and wait on my friend to call. Happy Tuesday! 

Love,






No comments:

Post a Comment