Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Sad Case of Sleepies

For the past several months, I've been having a hard time falling asleep. I find things to do late at night: watch a movie, catch up on tv shows online, sort thru bills, etc. I can get quite a bit accomplished when the house is quiet and I have plenty of time on my hands.

So, I've got my sleep issues, but I still get up around 6:30A, give or take a few minutes. The Evil Twin wakes me up after he gets the coffee going and then I wake up the kids and make sure everyone is prepared for the day. Get breakfast for the children, make the Evil Twin's lunch and get the little one dressed for the day. I also make sure her backpack is ready to go and she has everything in there for her day.

Buddy walks to school, then the Evil Twin is the next to leave the house and finally. I drive Sissy to school myself. Typically, I come back home, have a bit of coffee, check my email/Facebook stuff, then get my day started.

However, with the weather being colder than a witches teat lately, I've been finding it harder and harder to get motivated. And, it seems like the earlier I'm able to get to sleep - and early for me is around 1 or so AM - the harder it is for me to make myself do much after everyone is out for the day. So, I end up getting cozy in bed.

Our room is warm and it just sucks me into a state of relaxation.

Last night/this morning, I was attempting to sleep around 1:30A - again, early for me - but then, I started to get a headache. I ignored it and closed my eyes anyway...for about 45 minutes. Then, I started hearing noises. I may have been dreaming it, and probably was, but it didn't matter by then. I was already playing Insomnia Jeopardy in my head:


And last night/this morning, it was "I'll take Strange Noises for $40, Alex." Ugh!!

Sometimes, I wish my brain didn't do SO MUCH thinking, thinking, thinking....ALL.THE.TIME.

Once the weather warms up, I think I'll be less sluggish in the mornings and perhaps even better equipped to turn my light out and attempt to sleep earlier - as in truly, the night BEFORE as opposed to "some point early in the morning of the actual NEXT day". I think that would be helpful.

We'll see. Spring cannot get here fast enough. Until then, I will continue to daydream about moving South. It gives me something fun to think about at least, rather than something to worry about.

Have a great Thursday, my hooligans! I will be back tomorrow. Just in time for Friday, which means my sleeping will be all "weekend oriented" (read "super jacked up"). Oh, well....

Love ya,


4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I usually go with Money Troubles or Why did I say/do that. Hope you get some nice warm cozy sleep time in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...Here in South Texas it has been in the range of 75 to 80 degrees. But don't worry. We will be frying eggs on the hoods of cars and the sidewalk come spring....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't come back tomorrow. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She didn't come back the tomorrow after tomorrow either! :-(

    ReplyDelete