Saturday, September 8, 2012

Breaking All Da Rulez

Here I am, posting on a Saturday! What is my scoop?

I don't know. My delicate pea-size brain is overloaded with ideas, topics and stories to tell, however, my schedule Monday through Friday doesn't afford me many opportunities to really take the time to concentrate on putting words on the screen in any sort of meaningful fashion...then again, when has that ever stopped me??

Let's face it - my random blathering has always kept ME riveted, at least - but when my morning classes are over, I'll definitely have more time to lull you all into a warm and cozy stupor. You can thank me later! :-)

Anyhoot, many of you know I have a summer "uniform" (cotton top, not of the t-shirt variety, shorty shorts and sandals) and my winter "uniform" (some sort of lounge pants/pj pants, cotton top, not of the t-shirt variety, and shoes appropriate for cooler weather. I change into jeans before I head out of the house).

Soooo, I'm wearing my summer uniform and Buddy says, "Mom, those shorts you have on wouldn't pass the dress code at my school. Think about it." (Shorts must be long enough to reach the end of your fingertips while your arms are at your side).

I happen to have very long arms, so I'd be stuck wearing bermuda shorts or pedal pushers - I refuse to wear capris - and I'm not real keen on the length of shorts that would meet the dress code.

I said, "Well, it's a good thing I'm not a student at your school then."

Again, he said, "Think about it. What are you - 40, not yet 40?"

"It's not polite to ask a lady her age." I shoot back.

"What year were you born then?" he queries.

"I'm not falling for that bullshit, you can just do the math in your head. But, if it's burning a hole in your soul to know, the answer is 44." (secretly, I'm thinking: 'Ha! He thinks I'm not yet 40! Score one for momma!').

Buddy is 14, in High School. He should be a rebel without a cause. How did I raise such a stick in the mud? :::sigh:::

That doesn't mean I can't drive by his school in my wicked mini-van, windows down and stereo cranked to this:



And yes, I bought the CD.

Have an awesome weekend, my hooligans. Do what the ETW would do and never grow up, but at the same time, keep your noses clean. :-)

Love,



4 comments:

  1. LOL... I like the song, but when watching the video I kept wondering why they don't hop in the shower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang... can't get the song out of my head now... soon I'm going to start singing the "Hey Mickey!" song to get it out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back here and hope you are doing well!! You don't look your age to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I didn't get a shout for for the song!

    ReplyDelete